SBella
Kristen's Mofo

PostSubject: Fans : Have You Seen The Runaways?   Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:24 am

Do you like it?tell us everything.we want to know about it. Wink

talk about your experience or anything related The Runaways here. Smile
Back to top Go down
RobstenRules_UK

PostSubject: Re: Fans : Have You Seen The Runaways?   Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:19 am

i wish! it's not even out in the UK yet and IMDB doesnt even have a date set! this totally sucks and is unfair and i wish i could kick the people who sort this out cos they are motherf*cking ar*eholes!
Back to top Go down
MJ23
Nun With a Gun

PostSubject: Re: Fans : Have You Seen The Runaways?   Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:49 am

RobstenRules_UK wrote:
i wish! it's not even out in the UK yet and IMDB doesnt even have a date set! this totally sucks and is unfair and i wish i could kick the people who sort this out cos they are motherf*cking ar*eholes!
Well I heard it will have a set date on UK for summer release,someone tweeted that...It's def be release in UK so *cross fingers*
Back to top Go down
Cherrybombgrl
Games Games Games

PostSubject: Re: Fans : Have You Seen The Runaways?   Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:19 pm

I loved the movie so much!!!!!!! dancing banana
Back to top Go down
SBella
Kristen's Mofo

PostSubject: Re: Fans : Have You Seen The Runaways?   Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:03 am

altho im late but i get to see The Runaways too!!

its opening in my country on 24th JUNE!! yayyaya!! naughty banana

Be healthy and FUCK everyone!
Back to top Go down
tigerlily67

PostSubject: I saw it last weekend   Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:09 am

I saw it with my friend last weekend. There were only about a dozen people in the theater, though it was the late (9:30) show. There were these 2 ladies behind us, probably Runaways fans b/c they looked in their late 40s or early 50s. They had seen the earlier show and stayed around to watch it a second time. Smile I don't think this will be a spoiler b/c I think everyone knows about the scene when Cherie calls into the radio station to talk to Joan. During that scene, I overhead one of the ladies behind us reminiscing that she was listening to that on the radio when it happened.

Kind of cool. I appreciated the style of the movie. You could tell it was a small budget, but it just went to the roots of good filmmaking. Artistically framed shots. letting scenes with dialogue play out without a ton of quick editing or background music that is supposed to evoke emotions for us. She let the characters and the dialogue tell the story. It was more of a documentary or realistic style. For example, a lot of the scenes between Cherie and Marie where kind of quiet and still, I liked it. I just wish they had dived into their life stories a little bit more. I wanted to know more about Joan. I wanted to see more of their life as a band. But, it was still a great movie and fun to watch. The performances were outstanding. I may be biased, but really think it was Kristen's film. She just had this quiet intensity and I feel like she had such a strong presence in every scence she was in. I thought I would hate the Kim Fowley character, but actually found him amusing and I liked to see him interact with Joan. My friend who saw it with me is a big movie lover like me. She would've never seen it on her own, had no interest in the movie. But she'll go see anything b/c she just loves movies. She really liked it and though all the acting was great. I really think Kristen deserves an Oscar nom. It's a longshot but who knows? I'm excited for WTTR b/c I've read that as good as she was in TR, she was even better in WTTR.
Back to top Go down
MihoSayuri

PostSubject: Re: Fans : Have You Seen The Runaways?   Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:25 pm

tigerlily, that's so cool that woman was listening to the radio during Joan and Cherie's phone call :]

I've unfortunately only seen it once, which was the day it came out expanded on April 9th. :[ I've been waiting for a leak, but no luck yet, which has seriously pissed me off ><
Back to top Go down
obladiobladah
Kristen's Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Fans : Have You Seen The Runaways?   Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:50 pm

I saw it... 3 times. Embarassed
I brought my friend, who isnt a fan of K at all. She loved it. She went with me to see it a second time.
I think she's a fan now. :D

I thought the film was great. I was so happy to see Kristen in a different role from what she usually does.

I'm waiting for a link too MihoSayuri. cheers
Back to top Go down
CrisT

PostSubject: Re: Fans : Have You Seen The Runaways?   Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:48 pm

I had an opportunity to watch the movie twice. First was during advanced screening @ LA Film School, and Second during the 1st week of showing at the The Bridge Theatre-Culver City.

Totally forgot that it was KS, she did justice to the role. She was born to play Joan Jett.
Back to top Go down
CrisT

PostSubject: Re: Fans : Have You Seen The Runaways?   Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:51 pm

I honestly believe that KS deserve at least an Oscar nom for the role. She played JJ way better that Joacquin Phoenix played Johny Cash. JMO :D
Back to top Go down
SBella
Kristen's Mofo

PostSubject: Re: Fans : Have You Seen The Runaways?   Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:14 am

tigerlily67 wrote:
I saw it with my friend last weekend. There were only about a dozen people in the theater, though it was the late (9:30) show. There were these 2 ladies behind us, probably Runaways fans b/c they looked in their late 40s or early 50s. They had seen the earlier show and stayed around to watch it a second time. Smile I don't think this will be a spoiler b/c I think everyone knows about the scene when Cherie calls into the radio station to talk to Joan. During that scene, I overhead one of the ladies behind us reminiscing that she was listening to that on the radio when it happened.

Kind of cool. I appreciated the style of the movie. You could tell it was a small budget, but it just went to the roots of good filmmaking. Artistically framed shots. letting scenes with dialogue play out without a ton of quick editing or background music that is supposed to evoke emotions for us. She let the characters and the dialogue tell the story. It was more of a documentary or realistic style. For example, a lot of the scenes between Cherie and Marie where kind of quiet and still, I liked it. I just wish they had dived into their life stories a little bit more. I wanted to know more about Joan. I wanted to see more of their life as a band. But, it was still a great movie and fun to watch. The performances were outstanding. I may be biased, but really think it was Kristen's film. She just had this quiet intensity and I feel like she had such a strong presence in every scence she was in. I thought I would hate the Kim Fowley character, but actually found him amusing and I liked to see him interact with Joan. My friend who saw it with me is a big movie lover like me. She would've never seen it on her own, had no interest in the movie. But she'll go see anything b/c she just loves movies. She really liked it and though all the acting was great. I really think Kristen deserves an Oscar nom. It's a longshot but who knows? I'm excited for WTTR b/c I've read that as good as she was in TR, she was even better in WTTR.

oh WOW! that was great.she really hear that convo in RL. coolness overload dance
and ooohh cheeky tiger! eavesdropping i see. groucho hahaha..

thanks for sharing

Back to top Go down
littlebecc

PostSubject: Re: Fans : Have You Seen The Runaways?   Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:39 am

Ahhh I wanna see The Runaways so badly.
Sometimes it sucks being not in the US of A
Back to top Go down
rhymejess

PostSubject: Re: Fans : Have You Seen The Runaways?   Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:51 am

Yep I saw it.
It was amazing. I loved it. Kristen totally nailed it. I want to see it again so bad.
Back to top Go down
Shannon
Fierce Bitch

PostSubject: Re: Fans : Have You Seen The Runaways?   Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:26 pm

Thank you for the reviews.

I haven't seen it yet Crying or Very sad

Its my most anticipated movie for the past year almost and i am counting the days until i see it ... trouble is i don't have an opening date ... so typical.

I can't wait to have the dvd to wear out... with a commentary from JOAN, KRISTEN, DAKOTA, CHERIE AND FLORIA ... :lol:

Wishful thinking?

:timebomb:

shades
Back to top Go down
littlebecc

PostSubject: Re: Fans : Have You Seen The Runaways?   Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:41 am

Oh god Shannon that would kind of be amazing.
Back to top Go down
SBella
Kristen's Mofo

PostSubject: Re: Fans : Have You Seen The Runaways?   Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:08 am

Shannon wrote:
Thank you for the reviews.

I haven't seen it yet Crying or Very sad

Its my most anticipated movie for the past year almost and i am counting the days until i see it ... trouble is i don't have an opening date ... so typical.

I can't wait to have the dvd to wear out... with a commentary from JOAN, KRISTEN, DAKOTA, CHERIE AND FLORIA ... :lol:

Wishful thinking?

:timebomb:

shades

oh lord.that would b E.P.I.C

its opening in my country ON 24th JUNE!---i dont know how many times i have written the opening date.LOL
im just excited!

Back to top Go down
shibbyKStewartfan
StealthyStew

PostSubject: I saw it April 16th   Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:28 pm

I really did love the film, but I thought it was lacking a lot of "story telling". My friends were constantly leaning over asking, "what just happened?" or "how long were they on tour?" and stuff. As someone who read Neon Angel, I knew everything that was going on and I enjoyed the film for what it was and even how it was presented, however, my friends were very lost. To them, it felt like a roller coaster, not knowing what exactly had just happened and being unaware of what was coming. I understand why people at Sundance said it was kinda choppy...it did just sorta jump from one thing to the next, but the chaos was kinda fun in a way.

For me though...

I LOVED the wardrobe...omg it was awesome. Everyone's clothes and accessories were great; Kim Fowley with the spiked dog collar and all, the JUMPSUITS, the transformation of Joan, it was just fabulous!

The music was awesome (I just wish there had been a lot more). You don't get the full ILPWF, DEJ, CP...actually, I don't think any song is performed in full except Cherry Bomb...and I think even Cherry Bomb gets cut off early. I really wish they had done "Where the Boys Are", "Wasted", "School Days", and "You Drive Me Wild" with Kristen, I know they are later songs for the most part, but I love 'em. Also, I wanted so badly to see Dead End Justice acted out on stage, that sounds so fun and entertaining!

The camera work was really cool, not the usual angles or colors used in films today...it had an old school feeling along with a contemporary approach, very unique. The use of lighting to add emphasis and drama was also really well executed, sometimes this fails horribly, but this film pulled it off artistically.

Would have liked more of the other band members, even knowing that it wasn't going to give that to me, I felt sad that they didn't include much of Sandy (they had her rights) or the others. I'd like to hear the reason that Sandy wasn't mentioned in the epilogue...seemed strange.

Though, I thought Lita's hatred of Cherie was portrayed well. And Joan's protective/supportive/mentor-ish nature with Cherie was fantastic! She encouraged her to stick with the band, talked to her about her family issues, they fell asleep on each other in the plane, did drugs together, etc. but then Joan also confronted her about giving Kim Fowley what he wants by selling her sex appeal instead of a serious musician persona.

I didn't like that the beginning changed...I would have enjoyed watching Joan steal her infamous leather outfit. I also wondered if this was that pap picture of Joan running from a cop with her guitar in hand, does anyone remember this? I think she was actually wearing a Joan Jett shirt at this point though, so maybe it was the house party scene (btw, who has a huge house party with a live band in the middle of the day!??!) Not too sure about which scene it was, but I would have liked to have seen it.

I also REALLY REALLY wish they had included the part of Neon Angel when the girls get locked up for keeping their hotel room keys...it was just so funny but also intense, and I would have LOVED to have watched Kristen portray Joan frrreeeaaaakkking out about being locked up alone because she was "an adult".

Honestly, I would have loved to have seen it a second time, but when I looked up showtimes just a few days later...the film had been pulled. So frustrating that practically no one knew it was there and then it was gone fast as hell...the only people who were able to catch it in Williamsburg, VA were those who were checking EVERY DAY to see if it had been released locally. If you weren't following it...you wouldn't even know it had been released in the theater here. It was just in and out SO FAST. Tragic really...
Back to top Go down
TheRunaways_Ita

PostSubject: Re: Fans : Have You Seen The Runaways?   Sun May 02, 2010 11:46 am

DAMN!! I would to see it so badly! I'm loosing my voice and corroding my fingertips typing #EuropeWantsTheRunaways lol!!
Too bad I live in Italy Sad
Back to top Go down
SBella
Kristen's Mofo

PostSubject: Re: Fans : Have You Seen The Runaways?   Mon May 03, 2010 6:58 am

shibbyKStewartfan wrote:
I really did love the film, but I thought it was lacking a lot of "story telling". My friends were constantly leaning over asking, "what just happened?" or "how long were they on tour?" and stuff. As someone who read Neon Angel, I knew everything that was going on and I enjoyed the film for what it was and even how it was presented, however, my friends were very lost. To them, it felt like a roller coaster, not knowing what exactly had just happened and being unaware of what was coming. I understand why people at Sundance said it was kinda choppy...it did just sorta jump from one thing to the next, but the chaos was kinda fun in a way.

For me though...

I LOVED the wardrobe...omg it was awesome. Everyone's clothes and accessories were great; Kim Fowley with the spiked dog collar and all, the JUMPSUITS, the transformation of Joan, it was just fabulous!

The music was awesome (I just wish there had been a lot more). You don't get the full ILPWF, DEJ, CP...actually, I don't think any song is performed in full except Cherry Bomb...and I think even Cherry Bomb gets cut off early. I really wish they had done "Where the Boys Are", "Wasted", "School Days", and "You Drive Me Wild" with Kristen, I know they are later songs for the most part, but I love 'em. Also, I wanted so badly to see Dead End Justice acted out on stage, that sounds so fun and entertaining!

The camera work was really cool, not the usual angles or colors used in films today...it had an old school feeling along with a contemporary approach, very unique. The use of lighting to add emphasis and drama was also really well executed, sometimes this fails horribly, but this film pulled it off artistically.

Would have liked more of the other band members, even knowing that it wasn't going to give that to me, I felt sad that they didn't include much of Sandy (they had her rights) or the others. I'd like to hear the reason that Sandy wasn't mentioned in the epilogue...seemed strange.

Though, I thought Lita's hatred of Cherie was portrayed well. And Joan's protective/supportive/mentor-ish nature with Cherie was fantastic! She encouraged her to stick with the band, talked to her about her family issues, they fell asleep on each other in the plane, did drugs together, etc. but then Joan also confronted her about giving Kim Fowley what he wants by selling her sex appeal instead of a serious musician persona.

I didn't like that the beginning changed...I would have enjoyed watching Joan steal her infamous leather outfit. I also wondered if this was that pap picture of Joan running from a cop with her guitar in hand, does anyone remember this? I think she was actually wearing a Joan Jett shirt at this point though, so maybe it was the house party scene (btw, who has a huge house party with a live band in the middle of the day!??!) Not too sure about which scene it was, but I would have liked to have seen it.

I also REALLY REALLY wish they had included the part of Neon Angel when the girls get locked up for keeping their hotel room keys...it was just so funny but also intense, and I would have LOVED to have watched Kristen portray Joan frrreeeaaaakkking out about being locked up alone because she was "an adult".

Honestly, I would have loved to have seen it a second time, but when I looked up showtimes just a few days later...the film had been pulled. So frustrating that practically no one knew it was there and then it was gone fast as hell...the only people who were able to catch it in Williamsburg, VA were those who were checking EVERY DAY to see if it had been released locally. If you weren't following it...you wouldn't even know it had been released in the theater here. It was just in and out SO FAST. Tragic really...

bravo great review shibby!! thanks for sharing.

Back to top Go down
SylviaScenic

PostSubject: Re: Fans : Have You Seen The Runaways?   Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:31 pm

Since I downloaded the movie I watched it over and over and over and over again!
Back to top Go down
lovekristenjaymes

PostSubject: Re: Fans : Have You Seen The Runaways?   Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:15 pm

i have it on DVD!!! i love it!! and the commentary with Kris Joan and Dakota is so funny! i appreiciate how Kristen really got into character! shes AMAZING in that one Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fans : Have You Seen The Runaways?   

Back to top Go down

Fans : Have You Seen The Runaways?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Kristen :: All Things Kristen :: Filmography :: The Runaways-
Jump to: