Team Kristen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Next Stop! : American Girl

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SBella
Kristen's Mofo
SBella

Next Stop! : American Girl Empty
PostSubject: Next Stop! : American Girl   Next Stop! : American Girl Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 10:58 am

Quote :
Kristen Stewart took on the role of a damaged prostitute in "Welcome to the Rileys" before the "Twilight" series debuted and launched her into superstardom. That film is about to hit theaters, and now another film she first circled during her pre-Bella Swan days looks like it will soon be shifting in production.

On the "Rileys" red carpet Monday, James Woods told us that "An American Girl," in which Stewart is set to star, is gearing up to shoot in 2011. "She's been committed to it for two years now, and we're just about ready to go now in the spring," he told MTV News.

Woods is directing the film, based on a script by Tom Metcalfe ("The Haunting in Connecticut"). The film follows a high school grad who's unknowingly recorded having sex and who joins the Marines to escape the humiliation.

Though Stewart had not yet become a breakout star in Hollywood at the time, Woods said he eyed her for the role based on advice from Sean Penn and Dennis Quaid, both of whom had worked with her on previous films. Woods' casting director tried to talk him into casting another actress, but he was adamant. "She's the one I want. She's it," he recalled telling the casting director.

"Her insight into the script was so perceptive and prescient as it turns out that I was overwhelmed with what a true professional and what a true artist she was, beyond her talent," he explained. "She's got a real brain for script analysis. She's just been totally devoted throughout all this fame. It's never dented her at all. She's been terrific from day one up until this very minute."

Despite that fame that has enveloped her since "Twilight" hit theaters in late 2008 — and despite all the roles that have come her way — Stewart remained committed to "American Girl." Woods, for one, expected nothing less from the young actress.

"She has been steadfast and true in her commitment, which did not surprise me, because when I started working with her on the script," he said, "she was so insightful."

Read more about Nutkracker Videos | Kristen Stewart To Shoot 'American Girl' Next Year, James Woods Says by www.nutkrackervideos.com

Are you guys happy to hear about this? We sure do on teamkristen! woo hoo. great news. Kudos Kristen! dance
Back to top Go down
Emma
StealthyStew

PostSubject: Re: Next Stop! : American Girl   Next Stop! : American Girl Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 5:10 pm

We always knew she is the best, didn't we?
Back to top Go down
Mel452

Mel452

PostSubject: Re: Next Stop! : American Girl   Next Stop! : American Girl Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 7:03 am

Definitely excited about this for her.

Y'know it makes me as proud as punch that all her peers and people in the industry, acclaimed people in the industry, think so highly of her.

Seriously I could almost cry out of happiness & pride for our girl hehehe...
Back to top Go down
http://mel452.tumblr.com
SBella
Kristen's Mofo
SBella

PostSubject: Re: Next Stop! : American Girl   Next Stop! : American Girl Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 8:48 am

Aww guys. this might not be confirmed yet tantrum too bad eh?

Gossip Cop said this hasnt been confirmed yet. heh.

Quote :
Kristen Stewart has a movie hitting theaters (Welcome to the Rileys) and a blockbuster set to start shooting (Breaking Dawn), but it’s a rumored film on the horizon that has outlets buzzing.

A number of sites have picked up on an interview James Woods gave to MTV, in which the actor-director praises Stewart’s talent and mentions her commitment to An American Girl, which he plans to direct.

“We’re just about ready to go now in the spring,” says Woods of the project, which follows a young woman who joins the Marines following sexual humiliation.

We knew An American Girl was in the works with the Twilight star involved, but this was the first time a production timetable had been suggested.

So is Stewart actually set to start the movie in early 2011?

Nope.

Sources tell Gossip Cop that Stewart’s camp is “hoping that’s the next film” she does, though there are still a lot of things that need to fall into place before a production of that size can begin.

As of now, though, we’re told there is no start date.

If and when the project moves forward, Gossip Cop will have an update.

source : http://www.gossipcop.com/kristen-stewart-an-american-girl-filming-shooting-start-date-james-woods/

@GossipCop

*sigh* lets just hope this is true. This rumor has been it since earlier this year. :/
Back to top Go down
Mel452

Mel452

PostSubject: Re: Next Stop! : American Girl   Next Stop! : American Girl Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 1:11 am

I guess its not confirmed as such because it hasn't been given the greenlight to go into production. There is hope, if James Woods is so keen...at least for one day. Smile

It took OTR forever to happen too...so who knows.
Back to top Go down
SBella
Kristen's Mofo
SBella

PostSubject: Re: Next Stop! : American Girl   Next Stop! : American Girl Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 5:41 am

Mel452 wrote:
I guess its not confirmed as such because it hasn't been given the greenlight to go into production. There is hope, if James Woods is so keen...at least for one day. Smile

It took OTR forever to happen too...so who knows.

But He shouldnt have said 'we are starting to shoot next year' that just get my hopes high =.=! lol
anyway. yeah we shall see this one day.
*finger crossed* Smile
Back to top Go down
Mel452

Mel452

PostSubject: Re: Next Stop! : American Girl   Next Stop! : American Girl Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 7:03 am

SBella wrote:

But He shouldnt have said 'we are starting to shoot next year' that just get my hopes high =.=! lol
anyway. yeah we shall see this one day.
*finger crossed* Smile

Yeah I guess. He is being one BIG tease!! Hehe!

*fingers and toes crossed* Smile
Back to top Go down
SBella
Kristen's Mofo
SBella

PostSubject: Re: Next Stop! : American Girl   Next Stop! : American Girl Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 7:08 am

LMAO Mel.

*crossed whatever body parts that CAN be crossed*

HA I WIN! LOL afro

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next Stop! : American Girl   Next Stop! : American Girl Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next Stop! : American Girl
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Kristen :: The Water Cooler :: General Discussion-
Jump to: