Team Kristen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Star Power in Hollywood

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ktwigirls_top

ktwigirls_top

Star Power in Hollywood Empty
PostSubject: Star Power in Hollywood   Star Power in Hollywood Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 12:09 am

Hello, I guys I just want to say something about this.

I read in an article that in hollywood Kristen's has a bigger star power but right now because of The box office of The Runaways it seems it is hurting her star power. Add to that it looks like her future movies are Indies. It says that it is typical Hollywood wisdom to choose larger roles so that it can generate box office adding to the star power. It can command higher salary and more roles since the studios want to hire you to generate more money. This is why I want Kristen to make blockbuster type movies just sayin'. Thoughts on this... ...
thinking
Back to top Go down
littlebecc

littlebecc

PostSubject: Re: Star Power in Hollywood   Star Power in Hollywood Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 2:42 am

As long as she continues to choose the scripts she loves-whether that may be blockbuster or indie, i think she'll be fine.
There's plenty of actress' and actors who don't generate much BO but are still extremely respected.
Box office doesn't mean quality. (case in point, GI Joe, Fast and Furious etc)

What's the point in picking a blockbuster if the script isn't appealing? I'm sure Kristen would rather choose what she likes as opposed to what makes money.

I don't think she thought 'the runaways' would make billions.

Over time we shall see....at this point i really wouldn't worry.
Back to top Go down
MJ23
Nun With a Gun
MJ23

PostSubject: Re: Star Power in Hollywood   Star Power in Hollywood Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 9:08 am

Article are sometimes bullshit,they stir the pot pot stir
Kristen says she love doing movie base on what she read on the script,she is not some HW actress who'll accept a movie because it's a big budget film.She does movie because she believe on the script.There are big budget film who didn't make a big box office sale,plus usually smal budget film got recognition.Sometimes they are the kind of film that critics remember over a period of time.
I'm sure Kstew get big HW film offer it's just she's very careful,if you remeber her interview she said that she is more careful now on choosing film because she know everyone is watching her steps...
As for The Runaways it's an indie film w/ small budget..I didn't expect it to make billions too first it's rated R film plus it was release only on limited area..
I think if we want Kstew's film to be a big hit we should support her film by watching on theaters..
So if peeps are still not watching TR go and watch and if still not showing on your country then too bad you miss a good movie and a fine performance by this talented young actress name Kristen Stewart I agree
She has a lot on her plate now,so I wouldn't worry about that small article..
She is on the top of the world and nothing can stop her,all the great things are yet to come pom pom
As fans of her,we just have to support her in every decision she made...
Back to top Go down
Cherrybombgrl
Games Games Games
Cherrybombgrl

PostSubject: Re: Star Power in Hollywood   Star Power in Hollywood Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 11:43 am

Star Power in Hollywood 781967

It's not hurting her star power IMO. It's not her fault Apparition did poor marketing with The Runaways.
She has the role of Joan Jett on her list now....I think that adds another big gold star to her career IMHO.
Star Power in Hollywood 806609
Back to top Go down
shibbyKStewartfan
StealthyStew
shibbyKStewartfan

PostSubject: Re: Star Power in Hollywood   Star Power in Hollywood Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 2:05 pm

I don't think Kristen is ever going to worry about her "star power"...she couldn't care less, IMO.

And we don't need to either, because she's been in a ton of movies these past couple years and the roles surrounding her (even if they are just rumors at the moment) just support the fact that she'll be making movies until she doesn't want to anymore...(let's pray that day never comes!)

I mean, this is an actress who was blacklisted by Disney for her refusal to change who she was, at like ten years old! She's still getting more and more roles, and more and more fans...she's fine. She's better than fine. She's incredible.
Back to top Go down
Cherrybombgrl
Games Games Games
Cherrybombgrl

PostSubject: Re: Star Power in Hollywood   Star Power in Hollywood Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 3:43 pm

shibbyKStewartfan wrote:

I mean, this is an actress who was blacklisted by Disney for her refusal to change who she was, at like ten years old! She's still getting more and more roles, and more and more fans...she's fine. She's better than fine. She's incredible.

Star Power in Hollywood 656576
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Power in Hollywood   Star Power in Hollywood Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 3:19 pm

Her star power is growing. Even with Apparition's poor marketing and few screens, this movie has been talked about a lot and stayed in the top 20 for a while. She also got some great reviews. People like Hellen Mirren and Meryl Streep have been in the industry a long time. Not all of their movies are big hits, but they are well respected. The same goes for Kate Winslet who took a lot of interesting roles after "Titanic". Kristen's name alone is being used to get movies talked about. That pretty much proves that she has star power. Plus, from what we hear, she has her pic of top scripts.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Power in Hollywood   Star Power in Hollywood Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Power in Hollywood
Page 1 of 1